According to experts, what works best to sell a house fast is home staging. Most buyers form an opinion about a home within the first 7-10 seconds of arriving. Now potential home buyers look at homes starting with the Internet 90% of the time. Therefore, your home must make a solid first impression online. That means your best bet is to invest in professional Austin real estate photography.
Carolyn Muse Grant, writing in the Las Vegas Review-Journal, says there are a couple of uses for home staging:
- Before placing any home on the market, staging is essential, and the potential buyers need the house to look like it would be one they could live in comfortably.
- An empty house may be a problem for an agent and seller. When potential homebuyers see an empty house, they are sometimes at a loss about what they would do with it. So home stagers work with the agent to give potential buyers an idea of what the house would look like with furniture.
Ten Things a Professional Home Stager Will Do or Suggest:
- Make their first visit to your home a lasting impression. The lawn should be mowed and edged, dead stuff taken away or raked, plants trimmed. Wash the siding and windows. You want to heighten the curb appeal.
- Freshly paint the front door. Consider this is the welcome mat to your home.
- Declutter every room. “You want potential buyers to imagine their belongings, pictures, art, books in “their” new home.” Get them to think it’s their house from when they walk in the door.
- You’ve de-cluttered the house. Is it clean? Nothing will turn off the buyer more than filth. If they feel unclean walking through your home, you’ve failed to make a sale.
- Paint! Remove the pictures from the walls, spackle the nail holes, and paint. Stick to neutral colors.
- Decorate tables with flowers. Set the table with napkins if you have room for al fresco dining. Let them picture themselves dining outside, enjoying the conversation over candlelight.
- Make the rooms look bigger. Removing furniture makes the rooms look bigger.
- Have professional photos taken. It is incredible how much better a house looks on a website with professional photos
Bottom Line: The staged house spends less time on the market. A house that looks its best will sell quicker, and often it sells for a higher price.
Austin Real Estate Photography
There is a vast range of budgets to consider when searching for Austin real estate photography. The best advice we have is to choose a photographer whose style you like, a personality you click with, and who is within your budget. Most real estate photographers charge anywhere from $100 to $450.
If you want to schedule some time and get some customized professional business real estate photos so you can sell fast, then contact me today!